Item #: LINK2857-1
Mfg #: K2857-1
Lincoln Ranger 225 Engine Driven Welder/Generator Kohler Gas Engine
- Lincoln Ranger 225 Engine Driven Welder/Generator Kohler Gas EngineEnclosed-Case Welder. A great choice for getting the job done! For construction contractors, maintenance crews, farmers or ranchers, the Ranger 225 does a variety of basic welding jobs.
And with 10,500 watts of peak AC generator power, it handles a variety of other jobs: lights, grinder, Lincoln Electric inverter, plasma cutter (separate air supply needed) or emergency power. At your service everyday!
- Top-of-the-line OHV engine: Kohler Command 23 HP CH23S.
- Three engine doors provide machine protection and easy service access.
- Easy to Maintain Engine requires an oil change only every 100 hours and every 200 hours for the oil filter.
- Electric Start Switch for easy starts. Switch combines OFF, START, and IDLER functions into one simple, compact, easy to use switch.
- Circuit breaker protects battery ignition circuit.
- Convenient truck or trailer mounting with front and rear holes in base.
- Fuel level slots in both sides of the base with a decal to easily read the fuel level in the tank. Helps you avoid running out of fuel during critical jobs.
- Large top fuel filler neck is easily accessed for refueling.
- Oil drain valve (no tools required) with removable extension tube.
- 435 cold cranking amps with the Group 58 battery for extra starting capacity in cold temperatures.
- Oil dip stick, filters, spark plugs, etc. are easily accessed with left, right and top engine doors. Left and right doors are removable, if desired, for service.
- Adjust exhaust direction with top-mounted 360º rotatable exhaust muffler. Muffler made from aluminized steel for long life.
- Red and black powder paint finish offers increased durability with added protection from rust and corrosion. Also ultraviolet resistant to better retain color and gloss.
- Longer engine life, reduced noise emissions and greater fuel economy with automatic engine idler.
- Conveniently located engine maintenance label under top engine door.
- Automatic engine shutdown protection for low oil pressure.
- Reliable start-up with Group 58 battery with 435 cold cranking amps.
- Dependability and long life aided by all-copper windings in rotor and stator with high quality insulation.
- Manufactured under a quality system certified to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certified.
- Three-year Lincoln warranty (parts and labor) on welder. (Engine is warranted separately by the manufacturer.)
- Backed by Lincoln Electrics Service Parts Commitment We will ship in-stock parts within 24 hours of receipt of the order to anywhere within the U.S.
- Smooth DC welding output for a broad range of stick electrodes, such as Lincoln Excalibur 7018 (AWS E7018) and Fleetweld 5P+ (AWS E6010). Also capable of MIG, Flux-Cored, and TIG welding.
- Choose DC(+) for a deep penetrating arc or DC(-) for less penetration on thin sheet metal.
- Rated 225 amps/25 volts/40% duty cycle and 210 amps/25 volts/100% duty cycle for CC and 200 amps/20 volts for CV. All rated outputs at 104°F (40°C).
- Simple Output Range Selector can be used to select one of three amperage ranges with generous overlap for Stick/TIG welding, or one Wire Feed welding range.
- Fine adjustment control allows you to dial in just the right welding output for each application.
- Add productivity with self-shielded flux-cored CV wire welding. Compatible with Lincoln LN-25 PRO and LN-15 Across-the-Arc wire feeders for use with a variety of wire electrodes.
- Expand to AC TIG welding with optional Precision TIG 225 or Invertec V205-T AC/DC (powered by AC generator power from the Ranger 225) for aluminum and other alloy welding.
- Arc Gouge with up to 5/32" (4.0 mm) carbon electrode.
- Easy to maintain - Engine requires an oil change only every 100 hours and every 200 hours for the oil filter.
- 10,500 watts peak AC generator power. Most peak power in its class. Use for motor starting.
- 9,000 watts continuous AC generator power. For high capacity needs such as a back-up generator, powering a Pro-Cut plasma cutter, an Invertec inverter welder or a Precision TIG welder. Also for lights, a grinder or other power tools.
- Delivers up to 38 amps from the single 120V/240V full-KVA receptacle. Standard circuit breakers protect the machine as well as your power tools.
- Delivers up to 40 amps from two 120V duplex receptacles.
- Get two tools in one when you use the Ranger 225 as a power generator for emergency standby power, and/or for welding.
- Optional GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) Kit available for additional protection from electrical shock.
- Simultaneous welding and AC generator power power up to 3,950 watts while welding at 145 amps (AC generator power is reduced when welding simultaneously per table below).
- Take on more jobs - plug in an optional Pro-Cut 55 plasma cutter to cleanly cut metal.
- Product Name: Ranger 225 (Kohler OHV)
Ordering Information: K2857-1
225 Amp DC
10,500 Watts Peak
9,000 Watts Continuous AC Power
DC Constant Current
Max OCV @ 3700 RPM
DC Constant Voltage(1)
10,500 Watts Peak
9,000 Watts Continuous
60 Hz Single Phase
20A per Duplex
38A @ 240V
29.9 x 21.5 x 42.3 (759 x 546 x 1073)
To top of exhaust tube: 36.2 (920)