3M Speedglas Helmet 9100 FX w Auto Dark Filter 9100XX - 06-0600-30SW
Father's Day Special! FREE Tillman 1470 Work Gloves with the purchase of all Welding Helmets $200 or more!
The 9100 FX combines legendary Speedglas quality and auto darkening with an innovative wide-view grinding visor to give welders an all-in-one solution for more flexibility, precision, and efficiency. The exceptionally clear, wide grinding visor offers a greater field of view in all directions, while a smooth flip-up pivot mechanism assures effortless transition from welding to grinding modes.
Professional welders marvel at the stability and balance of the helmet in all positions - up, down or anywhere in between, the new pivot location keeps leveraged forces to a minimum. With our new patented head suspension we avoid pressure on vulnerable nerves, arteries and acupressure points; areas that might cause pain or discomfort if they are set under pressure for a period of time.
Welders are delighted to see all the filter options: A grinding shade 3. Gas welding shade 5. Micro-plasma welding shade 8. Arc welding shades 9 through 13. Sensitivity settings for normal welding to low-amp inverter TIG welding, and even low sensitivity setting for when other welders are working nearby. More versatility, greater optimization and more user satisfaction
Viewing Size: 2.8" x 4.2", Total area: 12.11 sq. in.
Speedglas 9100 Helmet Features
- Exceptionally large, 8" x 4.25" protective visor with 105 degree of viewing area significantly increases user's field of view in all directions.
- Smooth flip-up pivot mechanism allows for effortless one-handed use and quick transition between welding and grinding modes
- The helmet is made from a lightweight, but durable material that meets the mechanical strength requirements of EN 1 levelBand ANSI Z8 .1- 00 .
- SideWindows: Exclusive, patented shade filters that widen your field of vision. SideWindows enable you to be more aware of nearby moving machinery, tools and other peripheral hazards. The helmet is available with or without SideWindows; welders can also use removable cover plates for when peripheral vision would be distracting
- Heat reflecting silver front.
- The patented ¹breathability design has been updated to more efficiently direct exhaled air out of the helmet. The result is reduced fogging of the welding filter and reduced build-up of heat, moisture and stale air within the helmet.
Speedglas 9100 Headgear Features
- Working with medical experts, we mapped out the vulnerable areas of the head and avoided them with our new head suspension design. Then, we created a design that better cradles the head. As a result, you do not need to tighten the headband as much as you do on conventional headbands to firmly hold the helmet on your head.
- Feedback from professional welders lead us to research ways to further reduce the possibility of neck strain. Our answer was: reduce strain on the neck by reducing the static and dynamic loads. From a helmet design standpoint, that means keeping the helmet as close as possible to the head. By lowering the pivot point to just above your ears, the helmet stays as close as possible to the top of your head when in the up position. In essence, weve shortened the length of the ¹lever to help reduce forces on your neck muscles.
Speedglas 9100X Cartridge Features
- Viewing Size: 2.8 x 4.2", Total area: 12.11 sq. in.
- There are seven dark shade settings to choose from: shade 5 for gas welding/cutting and shade 8 for micro-plasma and low amp TIG welding as well as variable dark shades of 9 to 13. If needed, you also have the option to lock-in your shade, including the light state (shade 3) for grinding. A patented comfort mode for tack welding helps to reduce eye fatigue resulting from the eye constantly adjusting to differing light levels
- The ¹tack welding comfort mode uses an intermediate light state (shade ). If a follow-up arc is not struck within two seconds, the welding filter switches to the normal light state (shade ). The comfort mode may help reduce eye fatigue resulting from the eye constantly needing to adjust to differing light levels during tack welding.
- Magnification made easy. The new magnifying lens holder, on the inside face of the welding helmet, makes lens installation easier and more adjustable.
- Conforms to ANSI Z8 .1- 00 and CSA Z9 . - 00 for eye and face protection.
- Speedglas™ 9100 welding helmet with 9100XX auto darkening lens
- Side Windows with removable covers
- Speedglas™ Helmet storage bag
- Speedglas™ stickers
- Replacement sweatband
- Speedglas™ welding cap (bandanna style)
- 5 Outside protection plates
- 3 Inside protection plates
- Operational DVD